FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! Let's get this party started!
Did you enter my 250th follower contest?!?!
If not--go here!!! You've got 3 days left!! ONLY THREE DAYS!!!!!!
I will be announcing the winners of the contest on MONDAY, OCTOBER 11th.
And this is how prize distribution will work:
Since I can't decide which prizes are better than the others, the winners get to choose what they want. The first place winner will get to chose first, then the second, the third, etc, etc--until we've given out all the prizes.
It's so totally perfect for me, too. Thanks, Alex! I will pass it on to....hmm, wait. I need to think about this. ;-)
2. The publisher has had my short contemporary romance for almost one full month now. My ESP tells me they'll have it for one more before I get a response. I'm just crossing my fingers that it's not a rejection--but I will survive if it is. After going postal. Kidding. :o)
3. I'm in a holding pattern with BTTB. All the queries that can go out, are out. Some fulls and partials are out. This is a simple waiting game. I'm simply waiting to go mad.
4. The edits have been underway for AAG (again). I did some serious cutting to this one (12K to be exact) and now the beta is taking an extra look. Then (finally) I will start to query it.
5. Oh my...I have set myself a HUGE goal. Sometimes I have to have a goal to get stuff done, though. Are you ready for it? It's massive.
I have challenged myself to complete three books I've started before January 1st.
Crazy, right? Yup.
The first book, The Reckoning, is 14K already. I plan for it to end up around 45K. I still don't know "what" it is. LoL.
The second book, Lost and Found, was the book my daughter asked me to write for her. I figured it was about time I got that baby done! It's around 8K and will end up around 25K (it's young MG stuff...not that I will have it published or anything).
The third book. Ah...this one is tricky. I have three other books started. Tell you what, I'm going to give you guys the names and you tell me (based on name alone) which one I should finish. They would all three be contemporary romances of a standard 75-85K length. Here goes:
The Seduction of Mary Jane
Through the Looking Glass
Now, you tell me. Which one should I finish? Er, which one should I try to finish?
Ah--let's see if I can finish this goal. I highly doubt it, but it gives me something to work toward. Something to focus on. Something to do while I'm stressing out about the sellability of my other projects. Is sellability even a word? If not, it should be. ;-)
6. The Suicide Prevention walk is THIS SUNDAY! I'm going to meet Candyland THIS SUNDAY!!! And then I'm going to tell everyone here about it. I'm soooooo excited!
Is that it? For some reason is doesn't feel like it. Did I miss something? I hope not!
Have a rockin' weekend, ya'll!