Friday, May 27, 2011
Whoot! Whoot! Friday Update!
AND IT'S A THREE DAY WEEKEND!! *cartwheels*
1. First and foremost, a gigantic THANK YOU to all of those who entered my 300th follower contest. There were a lot of entries! I'm in the process of handing out the prizes right now ... so if you are a winner and haven't heard from me yet--don't worry, you will soon!!
And THANK YOU to all of you peeps who continue to follow me and read my silly ol' blog! As my blogger friends, you mean the world to me. Thank you.
2. I have finished super-speed critting the Beta's newly finished book. Now that I'm done, I will bury myself in a slight rewrite of my latest manuscript. And someday, I might actually start something new.
3. TODAY is my daughter's 13th birthday!!!!! *HAPPY*BIRTHDAY*EMILY*
(And yes, I'm terrified about the teenage years. Terrified.)
4. A slew of storms have hit the Midwest this past week. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those people. In Indiana, we've had our own storms, which has left behind some serious damage as well. When the storms came through our town on Wednesday night, a tornado touched down on the West side of town. The barn we keep our horse at is on that side of town! Only 1/2 mile from the damaged area. Thankfully, all the horse were safe and the barn had minimal damage. And a tree fell on my sister's house! She and her family are safe as well. And I'm thankful that no deaths have been reported in our town.
5. Today is the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend, and I would like to take a moment to thank the men and women in our military and their families. America would not be America without our servicemen (and women). They risk their lives to protect ours. Thank you.
6. Today will also be my last blog post for several weeks. I'm not going on a hiatus or anything, just having a minor thingy done to my elbow. And as the recently disgraced Arnold would say, "I'll be back."
Until then my friends!
Do you have any plans for this holiday weekend? Anything cool you'd like to share? Hmm?