It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday.
Ah, ahem. Totally did not mean to channel my inner Rebecca Black there. But hey, IT'S FRIDAY.
Which means it's time for some news you can use! Let's Get. It. On.
Ahem, I mean started.
1. Bestsellers for this wonderfully muggy week.
New York Times
Barnes and Noble Romance
2. Publisher's Weekly had an article about "How My Day Job Helped Me As a Writer." Sure, it seriously plugs a book in there, but it made me wonder, how do day jobs help people as writers? Do they help everyone? Does it help YOU? Perhaps I should do a blog posts about this. My job has helped me a smidge or two.
3. Okay, I've always been a lover of chocolate. It's the feel-good food. But did you know the smell of chocolate in a bookstore can boost the sales of romance novels? O_o
Uh, yeah. Someone actually did some research or something. Take a look at the article.
4. Oh my heavens. I love the Smarth Bitches. And I love when they post awesome stuff. Like this: "This video by Yanis Marshall features the amazing dancing of three young men who can rock some Spice Girls choreography." Like seriously. I can't even walk in heels like these guys are sporting...let alone bust these moves out like no big thing. Damn.
5. So I've got a new contemporary romance book coming out in 17 days. *squee* And to celebrate, I'm giving away some cool stuff. Like a Kindle Fire HD loaded with 14 romance books. Yeah, you read that right. The contest runs through September 1st. Clicky the "Book Birthday Giveaway" tab at the top of the page to enter. Or heck, just click HERE.
No go and have awesome weekend.