Wednesday, October 2, 2013

You Tell Me....Writer's: How Do You Find Time To WRITE?


We all know how important it is for us writers to, well, write. 

I've been writing for...uh..(hold on while I count in my head)....four years now (or is it five?) and I honestly thought it would get easier as I went. I mean, the Offspring is getting older, I'm getting more comfortable with what I'm doing, blah, blah, blah. But I've found the opposite to be true. Now it's like squeezing juice from a raisin to find the time to just sit and write.

I know the majority of you have jobs, families, children and everything else that fills yours hours, so HOW DO YOU DO IT? And for those of you who are published, how do you manage to keep up all that networking, editing, deadlines, releases, etc, and find time to jot down something new?

I've heard all about the scheduling time, priorities, etc. I'm a total pantster, and writing makes me feel free from the constrictive and rigid everyday grind, but "scheduling" writing just does not work for me. Heh, maybe that's my problem. :-) Maybe if I scheduled and was able to actually write when forced to, I could do it. I WISH that was the case. That would make my life so much easier.

So tell me how you all do it? Where do you find your balance? Do you have a magic clock in your pocket that gives you extra hours? Huh, huh, DO YA? ;-)

OH...HEY...

Guess what day it is? Guess. What. Day. It. IS? Come one! I know you know! 
H U M P   D A Y 
Woot! Woot! 

Oh, and before you go!!!
All the wonderful, sexy, to-die-for men in my romances are going head-to-head with other Omnific author heroes. Would you help a lady out and vote for MY GUYS?? I've got other men hots on my heals (which in the normal world would be perfectly fine, but not here!)

Vote for my heroes: Lance Cummings, Xavier Cain, and Macy Quinn Oliver


~JD

5 comments:

Nick Wilford said...

I try to write a little bit every day, and ideally I spend each morning writing, but it doesn't always happen. I suppose I'm lucky that I don't have a job to go to. You still have to do edits etc before being published, but the more books you have out there the more promotion you have to do etc... I suppose that's where the pressure could get ratcheted up if you let it, but you need to remember that you can only do what you can!

Meredith said...

I'm falling in love with word sprints--taking those odd 15 minutes of free time in the day and writing the heck out of them. :)

Old Kitty said...

Oh gosh - I have no writerly discipline! LOL!

Happy Hump Day! LOL! take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I make time. Usually I need NaNo or something like it to force me to hit a word count. I just block off three or more hours a night and do nothing but write.

Em-Musing said...

I write something everyday. Sometimes it's my blog, sometimes little ditties that pop into my head and will never get in a manuscript, and sometimes the writing muse is in full gear. I just don't punish myself for not writing as much as others. There are no writer police...or are there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...